Monday, July 27, 2009

Add Some Joy to Your Life By Playing More




(In Photo's above - The Strikers, Joy & Chuck Maldonado)

Welcome to ‘Add Some Joy to Your Life’ a weekly Inspirational Blog featuring ‘The Joy of Life TV.’

This weeks’ Celebrity Spotlight is on - THE STRIKER ALL-STAR CREW from Randy Jackson’s TV Series ‘America’s Best Dance Crew!’

Your weekly inspiration awaits below, scroll down for The Striker All-Star Crew’s Video Interview. For more information about Joy see the ‘About Joy’ section.

Add Some Joy to Your Life by Playing More

I heard Reverend Michael Bernard Beckwith say that playing and prayer are of the same vibration. That set me free in so many ways because I absolutely LOVE to play …and color. When I heard that, I realized that I hadn’t colored in a really long while. Sure, I’ll play video games with Nathan, silly games with my dog and board games with my daughter but seldom had I just pulled out my jacks or played with the Barbie’s. (Yes, my daughter is a front for my toys. Lol.)

Where in life did I get “serious?” With the exception of colored markers for high-lighting books and projects, I hadn’t picked up a single crayon. Occasionally, I’ve been known to enjoy the furniture in stores a bit much. I’ve been known to say yes to Customers who ask if I am the furniture model. In no time, I’ll have them on bean bags jumping with me, reclining in seats or really enjoying the leather. I’ve sold furniture in random stores that way with no monetary compensation for me it seems but I was paid in other ways. I made someone smile that day. I was totally present and in the moment in conversation. I was able to give expert advice which I downloaded directly from the Creator for that specific Soul. In those moments, I feel as completely charged as I do when I am in intense prayer.

I offer this scenario as encouragement so that you too can stop taking everything so seriously. There’s a beach somewhere with your name all over the waves. There’s an amusement park waiting just for you. If you’re anything like me, the fruit festivals and roller skating rinks are shouting your name! It’s okay to play Honey. God does not want us to be perfect; God wants us to be present. When you play, you raise your vibration and increase your endorphins. When you play (fairly, LOL) you are really fun to be around. Remember when you were a kid at a park “making pretend?” All of the other kids would find out what the game was about and then jump on board. “Oh no, run, the Pirates are coming!” Remember that? Those moments are now memories but you get to create future memories right now.

I encourage you to jump, play, exercise, meet people and get out of your own way. As Dr. Wayne Dyer gently reminds us, “You can not solve a problem with the same mind that created it.” It’s okay to give yourself some space to play today.

If you need me, I’ll be blowing bubbles and coloring while chewing a big piece of bubble gum.

In which ways can you choose to add some joy to your life today? Will it be through music or laughter, interactions with people or nature? You get to decide. Truly, you get to choose. Whatever you decide, I hope you have fun!

Have a ball, I so am! Will you join me?

I wish you love and laughter.

In Joy,

Joy!

Click below to see the Video Interview of THE STRIKERS ALL-STAR CREW from Randy Jackson’s ‘America’s Best Dance Crew.’ (P.S. ~~~this is a wide camera angle so I look a bit wide too~~ …and I love it just the same :)


Video Director and Production by Ashley T. Hughes. See Ashley’s awesome work at: www.youtube/smashes38 ~~~ Also, interviews conducted by ‘The Joy of Life TV’ are posted at www.youtube.com/empressjoy11

About Joy Section

I work in the field of Entertainment as an Actress, Choreographer/Dancer, Writer and Host – represented by Bloc Talent Agency. I write a self-help blog entitled, “Add Some Joy to Your Life,” and have recently submitted my book, “Your Official Invitation to The Joy of Life …details inside” (2nd edition) for publishing. I’ve started High-School dance programs and written dance curriculums. My educational background consists of graduating Magna Cum Laude from Phillips Graduate Institute in Encino, CA with a Master of Arts degree in Psychology based School Counseling with two academic credentials and being elected Speaker at Commencement. Additionally, I’ve earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Virginia State University with minors in Modern Dance and English. At V.S.U. (a Historically Black College), I was President of Orchesis Dance Theatre, Ms. Omega Psi Phi, an Essence of Troy - Band Dancer & Officer and involved in many campus activities, organizations and community service.

I enjoy roller-skating, being active and being present with my family, friends & the dog. I love my church, Agape where I participate in the dance ministry. I am an avid reader / researcher and love helping to inspire others to create and become their best selves. Thank you so much for stopping by ‘Add Some Joy to Your Life,’ it is my hope that you will.

Enjoy,
Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment